Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Dress Up Makes Dog Training Fun!

Well it seems to be that time of year again... Large orange orbs are sitting outside our front door, and my mom the Ventura dog trainer feeds me my meals while I'm donning funny outfits.

I love watching her laugh. Why? Because when she laughs that means she's in a good mood. And when she is in a good mood, good things happen for me. We're all so predictable, aren't we? Helps when developing training plans.


Anyway, she often says it's "pet humiliation" but to be honest I couldn't care less about what others think of me. I'm having too much fun. All I have to do is appease her by wearing an outfit, while I get chicken, steak, crackers, and a rousing game of fetch!

What's the big deal? I mean what's the difference between what I'm doing and when you humans wear a suit and get a paycheck? I bet mom and I are having more fun! If you'd like to learn more about how mom taught me to enjoy wearing costumes, check out our Dear Inquisitive Canine dog behavior advice column this week on Noozhawk.

As for other inquisitive canines, I know I'm not the only one playing dress-up. My buddy Josh Spiker of Inside Track Running Store of Ventura enjoys dressing his dogs up too! This is one of his dogs, Mia, the Killer Pumpkin! She looks hot! We'd make an awesome team I'm
sure...maybe we can go trick or treating together!

This year I've dressed up as a turtle and as an appealing banana - something tells me there are more costumes lingering around the house. Hmm, I wonder what they are? Something for this inquisitive trick-or-treater canine to ponder.

No comments: