Sunday, September 14, 2008

I can't get away with anything!

Wow class was kinda tough today - not the training exercises per say... I just couldn't get away with anything! That's my mom the dog coach - she's kind, patient, and loves all her students - but she won't let you get away with some things...especially from me! 

All I was doing was barking and whining at her during class while she was teaching...sure, dad was there working with me, but I wanted my mom... I heard her tell the other students what I was doing is called "attention seeking behavior"...which is something I guess you humans aren't too fond of. She seems to know the difference between me wanting her attention, and me letting her know I don't feel well...two different types of whining. It's good that she knows the difference - something else she teaches the students during her classes.

Anyway, mom instructed dad to give me a "time out" - which means I got sent to the bathroom by myself for a few seconds... Geez! Then of course I tried it again, and of course she and dad were right on it! By the third time dad figured it out himself, and well, so did I! I was quiet for the remainder of the class... Dad paid attention to that too - got treats for just sitting on my blanket and being quiet... now I know what the better choice is. 

I wonder if mom or dad ever had a "time out" when they were young? Hmm, something for this inquisitive canine to ponder... 

No comments: