Friday, October 31, 2008

Wow! What a night!

This Halloween dealio is pretty cool. Young humans come to our door, I "go to my place", mom gives them treats, then I get to go say *hi* and they give me treats! What a great gig we got going... Treats for everyone! 

One of my favorite little treat givers was a little girl dressed up like me! No, not like a lobster, she was dressed like a puppy! She was small and had cute floppy ears, just like yours truly. Anyway, she made a beeline towards me like I was the winning lottery ticket! Kept saying "look at the puppy, look at the puppy"! 

I went to check her out, she grabbed me, squeezed me really tight, and squealed like one of my squeaky toys... At first I didn't know what to think - it kinda felt like when mom holds me...but it's also kinda weird ya know? Us dogs don't usually greet each other like that... However, I don't think it would have been a good idea to start sniffing each others rear ends...cuz I know you humans don't do that. 

Anyway, mom was paying attention, making sure I was minding my manners...watching my body language because sometimes I don't like being grabbed...right? Just like you, right? But this time I didn't mind it at all... Mostly because I could predict what was coming next, and was excited about it. Bam! there it was! Right in my face! A handful of treats.

So mom immediately rewarded me for being brave and allowing my little friend to handle me - then my puppy friend gave me some of the treats mom had. My little friend also got rewarded for playing nice - she got treats from mom. 

What a great night! I totally dig this holiday...I'm sure many of my other dog buddies would agree. I wonder why we can't do this every night? Hmm, something for this inquisitive canine to ponder... 

No comments: