Wednesday, January 6, 2010

If Humans Only Knew What us Inquisitive Canine's Are Really Capable Of

I received this email through one of the professional dog training groups my mom and I belong to. We had a good midday giggle, and thought you'd enjoy it to. Not sure who the original story teller is - let us know if you know... Enjoy!

A guy is driving around the back woods of Montana and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: "Talking Dog For Sale" He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is in the backyard. The guy goes into the backyard and sees a nice looking Labrador retriever sitting there.
  • "You talk?" he asks.
  • "Yep," the Lab replies.
After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says "So, what's your story?"

The Lab looks up and says, "Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA. In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.

"I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running. But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals. I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.
  • "Ten dollars," the guy says. "Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?"
  • "Because he's a liar. He never did any of that stuff."

No comments: