Saturday, July 18, 2009

I'm No Crash Test Dummy Dog, And Neither is My Ventura Dog Trainer Mom

Gone are the days when children would ride in their parents laps while driving, helping them steer the car. Yep, my own mom the rockin' dog trainer here in Ventura, got to do that with her mom in the family Buick. No seat belts...just giggling and having fun.

Well, times have changed -a lot! One of mom's motto's is "safety first!" Check out some of her dog training tips in her blog. This safety issue includes yours truly riding in style (and safely), no matter where I'm headed! I don't get to sit in laps (while we're driving). 

Nope, as mom says: "If it's not safe for a human child, how could it be safe for our pets?" I think this is what she's talking about. Check out this great dog car safety video that mom and I found on Youtube

Even before mom became a professional pet dog trainer here in Ventura, teaching her dog manners classes and working with her private dog training clients, she always knew that keeping any animal in a proper car restraint was the right thing to do, and that it makes for being a responsible pet guardian.  

I remember when we were driving home from the shelter where I came from, mom made the comment to dad that they were going to have to find some sort of seatbelt or car seat for me. Neither of them wanted me flying out of the car, becoming some sort of projectile and getting hurt. 

I'm fortunate enough to have a car seat in both mom and dads car's - plus I have a separate seatbelt for traveling - like when we fly to San Francisco or Colorado - this way no matter whose car I'm in, I can be kept safe.

Mom and I also like to help keep our doggy friends safe too, so she offers the Guardian Gear Safety Car Harness at her studio - and tomorrow she's taking a whole bunch over to our vendor booth at Canine Adoption Rescue Leagues 12th annual Pooch Parade Fundraising Event & Pet Expo

No comments: