Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Mom got a new shirt!

Well, it's the new year and already mom came home with a new t-shirt! She was also nice and smelly, plus seemed to be in a good mood... Something about running in Santa Barbara, negative splits, and seeing other dogs on the "course" (hmph...other dogs...) - must only mean one thing - mom got to go run in one of those silly races that humans like to do... why they run without actually chasing something like a cat or a truck is beyond me...plus I believe they give away some of that green stuff they use to buy me toys and treats...again, I just don't get it... especially since she didn't bring me along with her! I had to stay here at home in the dreaded wind! Well, she better take me with her next time... I do enjoy cheering her on at the end. ~~~ Speaking of wind, I normally agree with "Dorothy" and that there is no place like home...except if there is wind and I'm alone. Wind at home is scary - lots of weird noises (where are they coming from?) and as much as I hate to admit it I'm not the tough guy people think I am. Mom didn't lose all of her brain cells at this race - she saw immediately I was kinda stressed. I tend to get clingy. Plus, I like to keep my tail tucked close to my underneath parts, and I give her the snaggletooth face (she calls it my "Elvis")...and to top it off, I almost got in the shower with her...I really don't like the wind...I'm glad mom understands that it's okay to be nervous in situations I don't understand... I see her getting dressed and putting her shoes on - maybe it's time to go places and do things... Keep your head down folks - you don't want to blow away!

No comments: