Sunday, February 15, 2009

This Dog Thinks Marathons Are Rewarding Too!

Here I am in Austin Texas with mom and dad. We're having lots of fun. Mom loves running... I do too, but for a different reason. I'm still kinda unclear why you humans spend so much time running when you're not actually chasing anything...although, mom says you have food and beverages all along the way...sounds like a fun time. I'd still rather be chasing prey, but hey, whatever makes your toys squeak...

As you can see I was helping mom out. Andrew is her number one coach and I am the trusty assistant. I make sure she's following the plan, and heading out the door...I don't allow her to sit at the computer working when I know she has to go out for a run. 

I went out on a few runs with her while she was training (that's why I'm napping). We both understand if you want to do well at something you need to practice. She trains hard with running, like her class students do when they practice with their dogs. She says that if you want to succeed at something, you have to practice. If you want to reach a goal, you need to prepare and practice to get there successfully. 

I'm off to go walk all over moms legs...she says it feels like a massage...I'm happy to oblige. I wonder when her next race is? I wonder if we'll get to go on an airplane again? Hmm, something for this inquisitive canine to ponder. 

No comments: